Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hadley's Day of Firsts


Today was a big day for Hadley.  It was her first day of gymnastics.  She was adorable and I might say we might be looking at a future Olympian (not that I am a proud parent or anything).  But her teacher came right up to me after class and said "she did great".


After gymnastics her day just got even bigger.  She passed the deep end test on her last day of swimming lessons on July 26.  That means she swam the length of the pool which is 50 ft.  She actually did it twice I might add because she failed it the first time when she put her feet down 5 ft shy of the finish line.  I don't think she totally understood what she had to do.  Well the second time Brianna, Mia and I were all cheering her on.  I think Bri was as excited as I was.

So since she passed the deep end test that meant she could go off the diving board and do the climbing wall at the pool today.  She did great and was so adorable standing in line considering she was half the height of all the other kids.  Nothing cuter.

And finally Hadley's last big girl accomplishment:  she got to ride in a  booster seat today with a seat belt.  I wasn't going to add it but when I recounted at bedtime what a big day she had she told me not to forget the seat belt.

It was a great day!

1 comment:

pam said...

YAY!!! I love that the booster seat was included. Let's see, what was in the message Sunday, a nutritionist, personal coach???? LOL Have fun!