Thursday, September 25, 2008

yep. yep. yep.

So my parents are in town for 6 weeks to help with the deluge of deebledaughters. My Dad took one look at the 3 car seats and said to my Mom in surprise, "3 Car Seats? Why do they need 3 car seats?"

"Because they're having a 3rd baby." she replied.

"Oh," he said.

The following night, he turned to her and whispered, "Who's going to watch the girls when they go to the hospital?"

"We are, Mike." Mom replied.

"Where's Danny going to be?" he asked.

My mom told him that I would be at the hospital with my wife and Hadley - which is what most Dads now do in the 21st century. Then he asked, "You mean, he's not even going to come home at night?"
Mom said, "No, Mike...it's just you and me."

He was quiet for a second and then said, "Man, we're going to need a lot of help!"


No comments: