January 22nd - Gotcha Day! I went to China to bring home our eldest daughter, Mia Grace.
February - Big Month
1st: Elise met her oldest daughter for the first time. We call this "love is patient!"
2nd: Mia and Bri become friends
3rd: Elise starts to feel sick, takes Z-pack
5th: Elise still feels sick, blames the doctor.
7th: Elise feels especially bad in the morning.
9th: Elise finds out she's pregnant, then passes out.
21st: we celebrated Elise's bday by driving to hospital
* March - May: an epoch of time I affectionately call "The Dark Days". Elise threw up daily, the girls learned to walk, and the free church meals expired.
* March: Mia had a staph infection in her right ear and was hospitalized for 3 days.
10 days later, we celebrated her first birthday! We also were able to miraculously purchase our church's new facility!
* April: doublebaths - twice as long. We also introduced our lettering system to tell them apart.
* May: Elise and I celebrated our 5th anniversary on the 10th. On the 11th, Mia and Brianna were dedicated to the Lord by the Brawners. Their friend Eva was also dedicated - why she got a rose, we'll never know. On the 12th, we celebrated my birthday (I think).
* June: the girls learned the art of staying cool. Also, our church did the neatest thing - for 4 weeks, we became a church with two other churches in town and called it "What if the Church..." We served together, worshipped together, and pulpit-swapped.
Mia also had her 2nd ear surgery.
I fell off "Turk" but had a sermon illustration.
We also celebrated
Bri's first birthday!
* August: we celebrated our annual baptism at Kill Creek Park. 88 people went down into the waters, declaring their faith in Jesus. Nothing like it. I also mooched some killer bbq from the various hcc tailgaters. Pastorperks.
* October: the global economy tanked AND Hadley Barton Deeble was born. Butde and Papa came for 6 weeks and built us a new house.
Oct. 20th: Bri also fell facedown on the bathroom tile. Her forehead popped right open like a melon, it looked like she had two pair of lips - one on her mouth, the other on the upper left side of her head. Children's Mercy glued her up just fine.
* December: our girls can't wait to open their wrappings and boxes so they can play with their wrappings and boxes.
Also, we finally finished "baby-proofing" our house - myself included. I had a vasectomy on Friday, taking one for the team.
Merry Christmas Dear Friends!