Friday, May 15, 2009

thoughts while downloading coldplay's free live album


(sharing the love, click here for coldplay)

So I'm on day 5. Which any addict will tell you is still not enough time to see if you're truly free. But 5 days is still a long time to be without something, anything - let alone your sweet wife and raging-with-life little girls. And after those 5 days, I have thoughts:
  • Life alone for a day, good. Two days, rich. Three days, bad.

  • Domestication wanes.

  • Sleep habits are easily broken. College sleep is primal.

  • We need darker shades.

  • Keiffer and Bower have become kids again.

  • They may even get a walk today.

  • Call your wife even when you think it's not a good time.

  • Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches go well with coffee.

  • The Royals bring me no solace.

  • All my girls need is their "Poppy." Apparently.

  • I'm a jealous human being.

  • Mia and Bri discovered their sense of smell this week.

  • Hadley became a sitter-upper.

  • I missed both occasions while sitting at home listening to sports radio.

  • Sports radio is like chinese water torture.

  • I miss my wife less if I make my bed.

  • This is the first time all spring that I've mowed in daylight.

  • My neighbor, Jeff, offerred to loan me a headlamp.

  • Work begets work.

  • Working late is over-rated.

  • I have not washed bibs in 5 days.

  • Our painter is addicted to my coffee.

  • I'm keeping a tab.


No comments: