Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Let the Trapping Begin

Well, I met one of the inhabitants of the large cave under our front porch/hall closet tonight. We both were quite shocked to see each other. I am still really proud of myself that I didn't scream. But then again freezing is also one of my M.O.s

I was doing a little after dark landscaping using the front porch light as my guide. While I was standing and surveying my work, about 15-20 feet from me., out pops an Opossum. Did you know that their formal name really is Opossum versus Possum. I just learned that while watching the PBS show "The Cat in the Hat" with the girls. Anyway, I digress. So now we can add an Opossum to our list of critters. He froze. I froze. We just looked at each other and then he turned around and went back into his hole. I then packed up my stuff and also went in. Landscaping was fun while it lasted.

Who would have thought that I would have to start a monthly envelop for critter control.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I have a trap should you need to borrow one. It's for a rabbit, but hopefully it would be big enough to catch your Opossum! :)

Patricia Kathleen said...

I have 2 living under my garbage bins. I read about them online: harmless, eat dead animals so no dead birds lying around, harmless, not disease carriers, etc. So I still hate and fear racoons in my
yard and hate skunks for eating bird eggs and squirrels for eating my vegetables but Opossums are now live and let live!