Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Week at Nana and Poppy's House

So the Deeble clan went and spent a week with Nana and Poppy. Dan wanted to take a 4 day, 3 night study leave and so the clan headed to Columbia to spend a week with Nana and Poppy while Daddy was away.

Let me tell you it was an adventure as always. Packing up three kids, two dogs (one of them sick) and two adults is not a job for the faint of heart. As always it takes me way longer than I ever imagine it will. But after getting up at 7am and working madly all morning long we finally got out the door around 3pm. Yep, you read that right. It took that long to get all the laundry done and folded, put into suitcases and then packed into the car. All the while taking care of three munchkins and two dogs.

Then just to make the trip a little more complicated Keiffer decided to get sick. So I not only had to take care of three kids away from home but also carry one of my dogs everywhere. Poor Kieffer had to spend one night in the vet. But honestly for the first time in her life I think she liked it there better than at Nana's house. After lots of drugs and three doctor visists she is now feeling better. Yes, we live at doctor offices.

But all that aside as always it is a great time. The girls are spoiled rotten by grandparents and aunts and just plain love being there. I am spoiled rotten by now having to make any dinner for myself and get some help cleaning high chairs and bibs. And I enjoy the company during the long days. We are all a little lonely when we get back home.

Here are a few pics from being at Nana and Poppy's.
"Dan" and "Ryan" Growing Up:
Bri Finally Has Enough Hair for pigtails:

Mia's First Tricycle Ride:

Brianna's First Big Wheel Ride:


No comments: