Friday, October 10, 2008

Mia Update

Mia has been doing much better. She's starting to giggle again and is returning to her old, sweet and playful self.

We have spoken to some friends in the adoption community and have learned that we are not the first to experience such a setback. It turns out that it's really quite common for adopted children to really struggle when their parents leave them (as we did for two nights in the hospital). It's amazing but the scar of abandonment (and the fear of future rejection) is a powerful demon.

Thanks to the many of you who have asked and prayed. We're grateful and hope that tomorrow conitnues the upward trend.



1 comment:

Lindsey Jin said...

Found your blog by chance.. was interested in the history of Mia. I come from a similar situation. My parents adopted me and then found out they were pregnant with my little sister. I arrived from Korea 23 years ago today. I am happy, healthy, and in law school. I couldn't have done it without my parents love and support. I also went through a difficult time like Mia (so my parents say). Keep supporting her and caring for her. She will be great, she will shine.