Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Rewind...


A few fun facts about Hadley's birth:

  • All three girls were given to us on a Sunday. Talk about P.K.'s

  • The nurse (Angie) called me out for leaving the room and eating a Big Mac during the epidural. What she didn't know was that I NEEDED to leave the room during that stage. I passed out (or nearly, not sure which) during Bri's epidural.

  • Bri's Labor: 26 hours Hadley's Labor: 9 hours Mia's Labor: 2 1/2 years

  • Hadley: all it took was 3 pushes. Barely.

  • Hadley had a knotted umbilical cord. Looks like we have a little Shawn Johnson on our hands.

  • Shawnee Mission Medical's cafeteria food kills over Menorah's.

  • Their "man cots" are far superior as well.

  • My first bonehead dad move in Hadley's lifetime:

We decided to put Hadley in the hospital nursery at night in-between feedings so that we could get some sleep - thinking that it might be the last time we will be able to in about 8 years. Somehow, however, in the middle of the night, Elise changed her mind and asked to keep Hadley. This was not discussed and I - in my sleep inebriated way - was a bit fuzzy on how it went down. Then Elise woke me up around 4 AM (I think) and said, "Could you check Hadley's diaper?" To which I tersely replied: "Why is she not in the nursery?"

Not my finest hour.

But man, talk about the difference between a mother's heart and a father's heart. Given the choice, a Dad will always opt for sleep. But my wife? What's sleep when you can be with your baby...at all hours?

I married up.

1 comment:

The Keffer Crew said...

Elise,
I was recently at home and my mom told me about hearing all the great news of your growing family while she was in the KC area and had a chance to talk to Sharon. So fun to see your beautiful girls and how quickly life can change. Please email me with your address so we can catch up more. It's keffercrew@gt.rr.com and we have a blog too it's keffercrew.blogspot.com
Have a great weekend! Blessings, Kim